Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What Do You Think?

The brain is such a powerful tool in realizing things in our lives. There are a lot of different thoughts concerning the power of positive thinking which I believe hold a lot of validity. What we choose to set our minds on will not necessarily change what happens to us, but it will change our outlook on things. The scripture says to set your mind on things above! There is something about us directing our thoughts on the things of God that holds power in our lives. David said in Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. The art of meditation is nothing more than learning how to direct your thoughts. As children of God we must learn to direct our thoughts, for the battle for our soul is fought in the mind.

While on deputation I have learned to appreciate the power of disciplining my thought life even more than ever. There are so many unexpected circumstances that come my way on a daily basis that it is impossible to prepare for them physically. I am in new surroundings on a daily basis. I am with new people and new personalities on a daily basis. All of these realities present challenges and rewards. What I have discovered though is that the way to prepare ourselves for the new obstacles that we face is through preparing our thought life. If I approach every day with a positive outlook, it could change the way that my day goes. How many days in our lives have we felt like have been a waste not because of what happened, but because of the way that we approached them in our thoughts! You will typically find what you are looking for! If you expect an experience to be a bad one, you will key in to find something bad. If you expect a great time, you will mentally look for positive things. I encourage you to approach today by setting your mind on the things of God, you may be surprised how much He shows up throughout the day if you Think of Him.

No comments: