Thursday, June 12, 2008

What Do You Live For?

Have you ever wondered what the purpose of life is? Although there are many things that people dedicate their life to, we all have wondered from one time or another what the purpose is. As a Pastor, I have thought, wouldn't it be nice if people would come to church, experience conversion and immediately be lifted up to heaven to be with the Lord forever. Although this seems like the perfect situation, that is not reality. One of the issues with this is that at conversion the process of transformation then begins. In Romans 14:8 the Bible says, For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. This scripture tells us the reason for our existence on this earth, we live unto the Lord. The scriptures tell us that we are not our own, but we are bought with a price, the precious blood of Jesus Christ. To find the truest purpose and meaning in life is to dedicate yourself unto the Lord and become His agent of change on this earth.



What does it mean to live unto the Lord? I can only imagine what my life would look like if all of my personal pursuits were placed on hold and I completely lived unto the Lord. How many pursuits are mine and really not the Lord's? What would I start doing if I truly lived unto the Lord? Or, maybe a better question would be, what would I stop doing if I truly lived unto the Lord? These questions truly begin a transformational process in your life. Understanding that life is to be lived unto the Lord helps clear the clutter of busyness that we all get involved in and truly focus on what is important in life.

No comments: