Friday, October 3, 2008

Connections



I have been thinking a lot recently about how interconnected people are in this world. It seems on my travels acrossed the country that although the world is large in so many ways, it is getting smaller. There is a thought that we are only a few people removed from anyone else in the world and I tend to agree with this thought. One interesting part of the human psyche is our desire to be connected in one form or another to others. Over the last few months I have become a part of the world of facebook. It is amazing how connected each of us are when we begin to use these connections to link up with others that we never dreamed possible. A prevalent thought that rings in our minds so frequently is, " If I just knew the right people, then I would get my break." I have learned the power of networking and I realize that in many aspects of life the power of who you know is vitally important to success. Something that I have asked myself while thinking about networking and connections is are we out of balance in our thinking? It seems that many of us are consumed with Who we know, rather than Who Knows us. Though this seems similar, it is drastically different. Paul proclaimed, that I may know him.... Yet in Jeremiah 1:5 God said, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. KJV I would argue that life is not as much about our pursuit of knowing others, as much as it is about our pursuit of Him who knows us! Before God formed us, He Knew Us! What a powerful thought. Therefore, it is my connection to Him that opens up the door to the nations. It is God that ordains us as a prophet to the nations, not others. Our connection to Him, is the ticket to purpose in this life.

No comments: